Ever heard decanting wine described as “magnificent and jaw-dropping” or “delicate and courageous”? The brilliant series of Japanese comic strips based on the life of Shizuku (Droplets) gives the often staid and boring world of wine a Manga style overhaul. Once you get used to reading the translated panels and speech bubbles from right to left, the beautifully illustrated stories are compulsive page-turners. I started TippleTattle with the intention to make wine more accessible to my generation and cut out the snobbery which often surrounds it. I don’t think you can do much better than putting it in a comic book! The series’ authors Shin and Yuko Kibayashi were listed in Decanter Magazine‘s Power List 2009, and have been influencing the wine drinking hoards all around the globe. Kami no Shizuku (The Drops of God) has even been made into a TV series for Nippon Television – I reckon the sooner we get a translated version over here the better.
- You lucky people - it's nearly the weekend AND there's a new tippletattle post http://tinyurl.com/ykj74go 3 years ago
- You can always rely on Japan for a brilliantly unique take on things http://bit.ly/4vsmkY 3 years ago
- @thewinesleuth cool - looking forward to hearing all! 3 years ago
- @thewinesleuth yo! I've somehow managed to get two colds since the start of the year, but am all good now. How are you? Wanna meet up? 3 years ago
- You can always rely on the Japanese for a brilliantly unique take on things http://bit.ly/4vsmkY 3 years ago